08 Aug Top 4 Swimming Pool Games For Family Fun And Kids
“Look Mom! Dad! Dad! Dad! – Are You Watching?!”
‘BIG SPLASH!’ As the kids cannonball, skip, jump and dive into the pool.
It’s no secret that kids love to play in the water and enjoy fun swimming pool games. Florida families know swimming is a great way to get fit and stay cool during the hot days of late summer. Kids aren’t thinking exercise when they splash around in the pool – they’re thinking exciting FUN!
Try these cool swimming pool games, organized and themed, to make your pool experience more entertaining and playful. Perfect for family fun and your next pool party too!
- Watermelon Relays – Not just refreshing to eat, these melons float like a boat across the pool. Simply place a whole, uncut watermelon into the pool. The first person to push the watermelon across, using only their head, to the far end of the pool wins!
- Ping Pong Scrabble – A variation of the classic swimming pool game ‘scramble’, players form a large circle in the shallow end of pool and scramble to collect ping pong balls and place them in their container.
- What parents need to do beforehand: mark each ping pong ball with alphabet letters, using more vowels like A,E,I,O,U than other alphabet letters so words can created by any random collection of ping ball balls.
- Once marked with letters, dump a large container of ping pong balls in the middle of the players circle in the swimming pool.
- Whoever collects the most balls and then correctly spells the most words (do this along the edge of the pool deck) using the marked balls wins!
- Rubber Duck Races – No ducking the responsibility here! In order to win each player must use only their noses to nudge the floating toy ducks all the way to the finish area, set up at the far end of the swimming pool. Simply set a group of floating rubber ducks on one side of the pool, then have players enter the pool near the ducks. Blow a whistle or call out to start the race and see who moves a duck over to the finish area first. This game will surely have everyone ‘quacking’ up!
- Play Water Frisbee – All you need is a Frisbee and two small plastic laundry baskets. This can be played as single team or group team of players. Similar to basketball, the goal is to see who can get the most ‘in’ to the baskets, so have another family member or friend call out and keep score.
We hope you like these family fun activities and swim on in the safety and comfort of your own pool. What other swimming pool games for kids would you add to this list?
Swimming Pools, Fun and Florida – perfect match thanks to year-round sunshine and warm weather. Check out our website for more tips on keeping your pool running optimal during the summer season.