20 Feb Building a Swimming Pool and Spa Combo? Read this First
If you are considering adding a swimming pool and spa combo, you have many options and design choices to consider. An attached spa does so much for you and your pool. It not only enhances your swimming pool design but also gives you a relaxing space in which to unwind after a vigorous swim.
The Benefits of a Pool and Spa Combo
A spa extends your pool’s functionality and creates an all-in-one swimming and socializing space. With an inground hot tub, you can:
- Relax after a long swim
- Enjoy socializing with friends
- Relieve muscle aches and pains
- Confine the children to the kiddie pool
Before considering adding a spa, you should consider all aspects of the project and make sure you get exactly what you want.
Choosing the Right Type of Inground Spa
An inground spa blends in seamlessly with your pool and uses the existing water circulation system. Whether you choose a spillover spa or a naturalistic spa depends on the effect you want to achieve.
- A spillover spa sits adjacent to your pool, creating a serene effect in which the spa and pool water mix together. Because you only need to use one pump for the pool and the spa, it significantly reduces your maintenance.
- A naturalistic spa normally integrates with your landscaping and often has water features, rocks and other natural formations to blend in with your backyard.
Questions to Ask Before Adding an Attached Hot Tub
- What options are available for attached spas?
When building a pool and spa combo, you can customize an inground spa in a number of ways, from adding LED lighting to attaching massage jets. You can also install a bubbling system for added sound and a relaxing effect.
- Does an inground spa need separate filtering equipment?
Though you can connect your spa to a separate pump, you can also use your current pool system. Using your existing pump and filtering system provides an easier way to control the spa and the pool while using them individually or at the same time.
- What is the best way to heat my spa?
If your pool has an electric heat pump, then we can use that same pump for your spa. If not, then we can install a gas heater or electric heat pump.
- What is the benefit of using a spa cover?
A cover protects children and animals from falling into the spa when it’s not in use, and it also keeps debris from entering the water.
- What kind of seating can I expect?
When building an inground spa, you usually get more seating since you can more flexibility as to how large the spa can be. An average 6 ft. diameter will fit 6-8 people and an 8 ft. diameter will fit 8-10 people.
No matter which color or how many options you prefer, an inground spa enhances your pool and spa combo. It not only updates your home’s value but also gives you a place to relax, unwind and spend quality time alone or with friends and family. Of course, just building a swiming pool will also do these things, but isn’t it nice to splurge a little?
American Pools & Spas has been building pool and spa combos for homeowners since 1999.
Call one of our design consultants at 407-847-9322 to build your swimming pool and spa combo that will maximize your backyard space as well as let you be the envy of your neighbors.