22 Jan Deciding Between a Backyard Fire Pit and Fire Table
Lately, there has been a lot of buzz around fire pits and fire tables; sometimes, customers think they are the same thing.
The only similarity is they are both designed to go in your backyard.
Let’s start with fire pits.
Whether you’re thinking about adding a stone fire pit or an outdoor gas fire pit to your backyard, you have quite a few options to choose from. We hope to provide you with the information you need to help you approach your decision carefully to ensure you get exactly what you want. A backyard fire pit does so much for your enjoyment as well as enhance your home’s backyard living. It not only offers a place to gather outdoors and entertain friends but also adds a beautiful addition to your exterior space.
Deciding whether to install a traditional fire pit or a fire table really depends on your backyard patio space and preference. Fire pits and tables come in many different sizes and configurations to fit most any patio, deck or open area in the yard, so it comes down to how you plan to entertain guests and improve your home’s aesthetic.
The benefits of a backyard fire pit gives you
- More backyard space to accommodate friends and family members around the fire.
- Stay warm under a cool, starry Florida sky and roast marshmallows and hot dogs over crackling embers. (my favorite)
- Stone construction adds an attractive focal point in your backyard
- Increases your home’s resale value.
The benefits of a fire table provides
- Glowing flames at night but does it in a more intimate space.
- Powered by gas, the fire table has a small pit at the center of a smooth granite tabletop.
- The fire pit tabletop not only looks beautiful but doubles as a space for eating, drinking and relaxing by the fire both night and day.
- Fire tables have a variety of designs and styles such as circular, rectangular and custom fire tables to fit your patio’s design.
Both options of a fire pit and /or a fire table can be constructed to match your home’s architecture and existing backyard space.
Things to Consider Before Installing Fire Pits and Tables
Backyard fire tables and pits have many advantages, from creating an outdoor entertainment space to improving your home’s aesthetic. However, having an open fire in your yard means you need to take some precautions to prevent accidents. Consider installing fireproof stone pavers beneath the pit to prevent grass fires, and keep seating at a safe distance from the fire. You should also have a fire extinguisher on hand in case of an emergency.
Whether you choose a backyard fire pit, a fire table or both, you can quickly transform an empty outdoor space into an enjoyable entertainment area. Roast hot dogs and tell tall tales around the fire, or enjoy a meal and a glass of wine around the fire table.
American Backyard Concepts has successfully constructed many types of fire pits and fire tables. Definitely check out our gallery of satisfied customers. With professional installation and knowing fire safety rules, you can enjoy your new outdoor entertainment space for years to come.
If you are ready to talk to a in-home design consultant, please call us at 407-847-9322 and one of our knowledgeable sales engineers will help you visualize your dream.