12 May Top 10 Tips for Building a Swimming Pool
You’re ready to turn your daydreams into plans for a beautiful backyard oasis. It’s a big project, and you want to handle it with confidence. Check out these 10 tips keep you on track for building a swimming pool that fits your budget, your property and your lifestyle.
1. Know What You Want – Would you like an exciting water world or a relaxing getaway? Do you love wild slides or prefer cool tanning shelves? Have a clear picture when building a swimming pool before asking for estimates.
2. Low Estimates Usually Equal Low Quality – Be cautious about lowball estimates that save money by using cheap materials and cutting construction corners. The long-term cost of those savings adds up to structural problems, equipment failure and repeated repairs.
3. Interview Final Pool Builder Candidates – Take online reviews into consideration, but verify important information before you make a final decision. You want an experienced pool contractor with solid references and a strong showcase of projects similar to yours. When building a swimming pool, you want to also make sure they have an amazing showroom to help you select all the features you want in your pool and deck area.
4. Fine-Tune The Budget – Building a swimming pool can be quite expensive. It’s important to balance what you want against what you need. Reputable pool builders are upfront about costs that affect original estimates, so carefully price amenities before finalizing plan details.
5. Don’t Forget the Basics – From pump types to chemical management systems, basic pool products have to fit your choice of pool size and style. Discuss the details with your contractor so that you can factor it all into the final budget.
6. Match Shape and Landscape – You might have to give up some trees and shrubs to accommodate a rectangular pool’s footprint. Minimize impact on existing landscape with a free-form pool shaped around established plantings. See the top pool shapes when building a swimming pool.
7. Pick Your Fence – State regulations require pool enclosures, so talk to your contractor about different types of fencing and barriers. Pool safety is very important, but you can still build something that complements the good looks of your backyard getaway.
8. A Green Pool Is a Good Thing – Energy-efficient pool equipment options include pumps, covers, lighting and even solar heating systems. Green initially costs more, but the ROI pays off for the life of your pool.
9. Indulge a Little – If you’ve set your heart on something that doesn’t fit the budget, talk with your contractor about options. It’s less expensive to include special features in original construction than it is to add them on later.
10. Have a Great Time – Those backyard daydreams are coming true, and you’ve handled everything with confidence. Upgrade outdoor furniture, stock up on water toys, and get ready to celebrate your very own Splash Day with a great time in your new swimming pool.
Building a swimming pool adds so much to enjoying your home here in central Florida. We hope our list helps you sort out the details, and our teams are always happy to answer your questions. Just give us a call at 407-847-9322 or fill out our online quote form. We’re ready to turn your daydreams into a wonderful backyard lifestyle